1. The stretch between the age 20-30 is very critical. Use your twenties to build your life. Be careful of these three things, for they change your future forever: Friendships, Sexual Relationships, Habits.
2. Be a student. I don’t mean inside a classroom. Keep asking. Keep knocking. Keep questioning. Read. Find a mentor. Be coachable. Question your philosophy of life often and find things to change. Keep learning. Keep unlearning. Keep a journal and jot down life lessons as you go.
3. Your friends at 20, may not be your friends at age 30. Your boyfriend at 15 may not be your life partner. Life has a funny way of shifting things around. People evolve. You will keep changing as you grow. Don’t make permanent commitments with temporary people. Learn to let go. Allow life to make those adjustments.
4. Go to work to work. If you make friendships at work, great but more often than not the friendships at work may not last after you leave work. Don’t attach to a company, organization, role. Explore and be okey with starting afresh.
5. If you can delay making babies, please do so.
6. Take opportunities. At 20, 25, 30 you don’t have much to lose. If you fail, take the lesson. Don’t be scared to try. The opinions don’t matter.
7. Learn to communicate. In your own language, and in English. Write in full, try to construct proper sentences. Dot your Is and Cross your Ts. Learn and master your elevator pitch (who are you, what do you do, and what do you hope to achieve).
8. Learn how to effectively use social media. It’s important to understand how social media works if you want to stay relevant in this age.
9. Learn to save. Save at least 30% of your income.
10. Become valuable. Learn a new skill. Learn a new language. Learn. The money will follow your value.
Jaluum Herberts Luwizza is a Speaker,Writer, Columnist with the C.E.O Magazine and Contributor with the Nile Post.He is also a Business Consultant with YOUNG TREP East Africa’s No.1 Business Management and Consultancy firm that helps people start and grow profitable businesses.twitter:jaluwizza
0700155232 | 0787555919 | whatsapp 0716223986.